The Choir gives three public concerts a year,
- Summer concert in June
- A Primrose Proms in October
- A Christmas concert in December
The public concerts also showcases the talents of local school choirs. The 2015 Summer Concert will feature the choir from St Mary’s Roman Catholic School, Studley.
The remaining concerts for 2015 are:
- The Primrose Prom - 16th October, 7:30pm, in Spadesbourne Suite, Burcott Lane, Bromsgrove (Tickets available at the end of September).
- Christmas Concert - 11th December, venue to be announced.
Tickets for all the Choir’s Concerts are available on 01527 67383 and 01527 546158 and via the Primrose Hospice Fundraising Team.
Primrose Proms Concert, October
The Primrose Proms Concert this year is on Friday, October 16th, at Routh Hall in Bromsgrove School. The Proms always features a band and the West Midlands Police Band will again be performing and making the evening appropriately rousing. This year the choir from Walkwood School in Redditch will take part for the first time.
Primrose Christmas Concert
The Christmas Concert is on Friday, December 11th. The venue for this Concert will be announced later. The very popular choir from Astwood Bank First School will also be there.
The public concerts give the Choir an opportunity to showcase the musical talent of local young people. The many school choirs featured over the years have performed brilliantly and shown that the next generation is already very accomplished musically.
The choir performs for organisations or individuals all over North East Worcestershire. They are available at all times of day and can provide entertainment for any kind of social occasion. The repertoire is varied with an emphasis on light music. They perform all kinds of events including:
- Memorial services for Primrose Hospice
- After-dinner concerts
- Garden parties
- Birthdays and anniversaries
- Corporate events
- Club events
To book the choir, please contact Kay or Pamela via the details below.
The Choir has an arrangement with all the local Funeral Directors to sing at funerals if any family wants a Choir to be there. This can be a great support to the bereaved,particularly when the congregation is small. The repertoire contains a number of pieces suitable for such serious occasions.
About the Choir
- The choir was started in April 2000 by Kay Hadley, Musical Director, to raise funds for Primrose Hospice
- From the original small group, the choir has grown to over 50 members with substantial soprano and alto sections and a strong group of tenors and basses.
- The members have joined for widely varying reasons and all have found it a great source of pleasure and often comfort for themselves, most staying for many years.
- The choir has raised tens of thousands of pounds for the hospice
- The Choir gives three public concerts a year, alongside many private performances.
Joining the Choir
New members are warmly welcomed. No audition or previous singing experience is required. All that is needed is that members should enjoy singing and want to support the hospice. The Choir practises on Wednesday evenings at the Hospice from 8 – 10pm.
Contact the choir
If you would like to book or join the choir, please contact:
Kay Hadley, Musical Director - 01527 546158
Tickets for all the Choir’s Concerts are available on 01527 67383 (Pamela Powley), 01527 546158 (Kay Hadley) and via the Hospice Fundraising Team.
Last year all the Concerts were very successful and continued to raise very substantial amounts for the Hospice. This year the Summertime Concert took place on June 19th at Redditch Town Hall. It was as successful as ever and a great fun evening, loosely based around VE Day. The Primrose Choir was again joined by the choir from Studley St Mary’s Roman Catholic School. As usual, the children gave a delightful performance.They have previously produced remarkable soloists from among their number and this year was no exception.